Base Move - The Step-up
The Step-up works great as a warm up move, a cardio interval, or for muscular toning.
All you need is a low bench, a step, curb or burm.
- Step up with your right foot, making full foot contact--especially through the heel--as you rise up. Bring your left knee up toward your chest and cross your elbow toward your knee.
- Lower you left foot and then your right foot.
- Create a rhythm: “Up, up, down, down…Up, up, down, down.”
- As you march, think about maintaining great posture and stepping down softly through the ball of your foot.
- Continue anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes.
This exercise works great as part of any warm up. Think about breathing, posture, and foot "touch."